I wanted to make a simple yet tasty dinner, so I looked in my fridge for something I could quickly whip up. When my eyes laid upon a beautiful fresh red tomato, I knew exactly what I was going to make!
Normally tomatoes aren’t encouraged in a ketogenic diet, however, I had fasted all day, so the amount of carbs in the tomato wouldn’t throw me off.
1 Fresh Red Tomato
1 Mild Italian Sausage In Natural Casing
1/4 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Ground Cayenne Pepper
French Grey Sea Salt or Himalayan Pink Salt (to taste)
Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
Non-Stick Cake Pan
Non-Stick Skillet or Cast Iron Skillet
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Cut a circle in the top off of the tomato and remove it. Core the inside of the tomato. Put it upside-down on paper towels so that it can drain while the sausage is cooking.
3. Remove casing from sausage and crumble into skillet. Brown sausage over a medium-low flame until cooked through.
5. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, ground cayenne pepper, French grey sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Stir until seasoning covers all of the sausage. Remove from heat and place on a plate with paper towels to drain excess grease.
6. Add cheese to the sausage and mix together.
7. Stuff the tomato with the sausage and cheese mixture.
8. Place tomato in the center of the non-stick cake pan. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
9. Gently transferring the stuffed tomato to a plate. Garnish with dried chives.
10. Serve immediately!