Yes, you read the title correctly. I stuffed cheese into an avocado, wrapped it in nitrate-free bacon, and fried it in coconut oil. People have suggested I use bacon fat or avocado oil next time, and I surely will!
* Avocado (ripe, but not overly ripe)
* 4 slices of nitrate-free thin sliced bacon.
* Shredded cheddar cheese (only 7 grams fit into my avocado)
* Oil for frying (bacon fat, avocado oil, coconut oil)
1. Heat up your oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat.
2. Cut avocado in half and take the pit out.
3. Carefully remove avocado from skin using a spoon. Make sure your avocado halves stay intact.
4. Place cheese inside the avocado where the pit once lived. Place other half of avocado on top. Set aside.
5. On a flat surface (I used my glass cutting board), lay out two slices of bacon so they are touching and stretch them out as much as you can. Hold one end of the bacon and use the blunt end of a knife to scrape down on the bacon and thin it out. You want it as thin as you can get it.
6. Wrap the bacon around the avocado (width-wise) by placing the avocado at one end and sort of rolling it towards the other end while wrapping.
7. Repeat step #5.
8. Repeat step #6, but this time wrapping the avocado length-wise.
9. Secure with toothpicks.
10. Place avocado into the oil and fry it up to the crispness you like, making sure to turn it so that the bacon cooks evenly on all sides of the avocado.
When you are done, slice in half and serve immediately. I think I finished mine off in about 5 minutes! It was delicious!